I love early mornings. Every morning, after my alarm sounds, I sleepily walk to the kitchen and slowly make myself a coffee. I watch the gorgeous glow of the sun gently creep above the horizon. I physically and mentally do nothing other than sip my coffee and day dream as I patiently wait for it to do it’s job: wake me up and gently nudge me into the real world. That 15 minutes of peace sets a precedent for the remainder of the day, no matter what lies ahead.
I love pairing my coffee with something cake-like and sweet to offset the bitterness of the coffee. This chocolate zucchini bread is absolutely amazing with coffee and pretty guilt free. Adapted from homeinthefingerlakes.com (I’m loving her blog!) .
• 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed or 1 tablespoon of ground chia seed mixed with 3 tablespoons of warm water
• ⅓ cup honey
• ½ cup grapeseed oil
• ½ cup Coconut Sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ⅓ cup Raw Cocoa
• 1 & 2/3 cup Brown Rice Flour
• 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
• 1 & 1/3 up chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F; spray an 8½” x 4½” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray .
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together ground flax/chia seed, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. In another bowl combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, stir until well combined.
4. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes.