Some days I can rock my yoga practice with awesome balance and stellar strength and other days I feel weak, shaky, and struggle even trying to hold my balance in Tadasana! I learn about my body through its fluctuating responses to my practice; Maybe I need more sleep. Maybe my mind is too busy. Maybe I’m not nourishing my body with enough nutrients. This is why I love yoga. It helps me to read and understand my own body.
On days like today where my body is weak, tired, and probably not sufficiently nourished I turn to this salad, which is packed full of nutrients from raw fruits and vegetables, healthy fats (avocado) and healthy proteins (black beans).
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 Mango’s – peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 Avocado – cut into cubes
- 1 15oz Can of Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- 1 English Cucumber – chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion – diced
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Taste and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
Healthy and simple! Enjoy 🙂